As an artist–educator I am concerned with creativity as a social justice issue from the perspectives of uniqueness, otherness and mutual dependence.
MFA: Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design, Prague, Czech Rep.
– Minor in Museum & Art Education (incl. ICT in Art Ed)
– Studio of Intermedial Confrontation
BA: Faculty of Arts, Charles University, Prague, Czech Rep.
– Romance Philology; thesis on the novels of Maryse Condé
BFA: Institute of Creative Photography, Silesian University, Opava, Czech Rep.
– Thesis: documentary co-created with grandfather entitled “Grandpa Dada”
Incomplete: Boston University, Boston, USA
– Classics Major
Brooklyn Public Library: Early Literacy Programming Facilitator
Brooklyn Children’s Museum: Museum & Sensory Room Educator
Open Source Gallery/Koko NYC: Arts-Based Learning Facilitator & Curriculum Developer
Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture: Arts-Based Philosophy Educator
Museum Kampa: Museum Educator
DOX Centre for Contemporary Art, Museum Education Programming
–Oh, it is easy to be clever if one does not know all these questions (w/Vojtěch Novák): DOX Centre for Contemporary Art, Prague, Czech Rep.
–Overpressure (w/Vojtěch Novák): Museum of Decorative Arts, Prague, Czech Rep.
–Oh, it is easy to be clever if one does not know all these questions (w/Vojtěch Novák): Castlefield Gallery, Manchester, UK
-In Practice: Open Source Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
-VOLUMES Independent Art Publishing Fair: Helmhaus, Zürich, Switzerland
-Night Vision in Broad Daylight: Observations in Contemporary Czech Video: 4+4 Days in Motion, Prague
-RaumSprachen 2: Freies Theater, Innsbruck, Austria
-Raw Food: Gallery NoD, Prague, Czech Rep.
-Hauner, Karpukhina & Richter Cook from Scratch: Scholastika, Prague, Czech Rep.
-Au-delà du mur: Galerie 35, Institut français de Prague, Prague
-DOKTOR – In the Mekka of EVIL!: Akcent Festival, Archa Theatre, Prague
-Basen: Trochę inny festiwal fotografii, Wrocław, Poland
-Au-delà du mur: MeetFactory, Prague
-Unigeo Hits!: Off Festival, Bratislava, Slovakia
-“I”: Self-portraits by Students from the Institute of Creative Photography: Kunsthalle, Opava, Czech Rep.
-Family: Silesian Museum, Opava, Czech Rep.
-I, You, We: Galeria FF, Łódź, Poland
-New York – September 11th, 2001: Old Synagogue, Pilsen, Czech Rep.
• Hauner, A. & V. Novák. “(Self-)Confrontation: Making a Pleonasm out of Art School.” Performance Research: On Radical Education, December, 2016.
• Hauner, Andrew and Vojtěch Novák. “Ateliér bez studentů [A Studio Without Students].” Artalk, September, 2016.
• Fischerová, Sylva, Stuart Friebert, and A. J. Hauner. Stomach of the Soul. Calypso Editions, 2014.
• Hauner, Andrew. “Case Study: Invisibility – Anna Orłowska.” Ateliér, April, 2014.
• Hauner, Andrew. “Tomáš Werner: Out of the Norm.” Ateliér, April, 2013.
• Hauner, Andrew. “Tomáš Pospěch: Reloaded.” Ateliér, February, 2013.
• Hauner, Andrew. “Photography as Photography.” Ateliér, November, 2011.
Gowanus E-Waste Warehouse, Brooklyn, NY
John the Baptist Community Garden, Brooklyn, NY
In-House Community Arts Educator & Community Organizer 8/2014–present
New York Public Library’s Wertheim Study, New York, NY
ajh [at] andrewjanhauner [dot] com.